Ginger Set to Become the Next Big Digestive-Health Ingredient, Companies Say at Natural Products Expo West 2018.
"Innovative ginger ingredients formulated for promising new applications
in digestive health featured prominently at last week’s Natural Product
Expo West trade show in Anaheim, CA. With interest in the
digestive-health market showing no sign of abating, companies like
OmniActive Health Technologies (Morristown, NJ) and Naturex (Avignon,
France) say that ginger—with its associated digestive,
anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant benefits—will continue to grow its
share of the digestive-health category. In fact, according to the two
suppliers, while it’s no secret that turmeric is the rising star of the
botanical market, ginger may soon be poised to steal the botanical
spotlight." From an article found in Nutrionaloutlook.
According to an article written in Reader’s Digest, “Ginger root has been used by cultures across the globe for thousands of years in everything from cooking, medicine, and even as an aphrodisiac. As it turns out, it's also one of nature's best beauty gifts.”
Here are a few more benefits of Ginger:
- Reduces inflammation. High inflammation is the root cause of most diseases
- A metabolism booster. It helps your body burn calories
- Ginger is high in antioxidants.It helps to fight off environmental toxins
- It can reduce cellulite
- Ginger is a brain-booster
- Eliminates dry scalp and dandruff
- Ginger improves the skin's texture—and fights signs of aging."Ginger has been revered as an anti-aging ingredient in both Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine for thousands of years," says Punnapuzha of Reader’s Digest.
- Promotes hair growth by stimulating hair follicles